Monday, September 21, 2009

Ground Control to Major Tom (September 20, 2009)


A couple of "snaps" from today with the girls. Gianna while seated in her circular play unit (or whatever it is) brought immediately to mind the David Bowie tune "Space Oddity" with the opening line "Ground Control to Major Tom." Not that I've ever been a Bowie fan but the picture closed off all other thoughts but... We had a great day but it was certainly active. This play thing is something else. Buttons and gismos everywhere - indeed, a "control panel."
Gianna did peek out when not working the controls (alright, she did have a little help from us too).
There's something fluffy and soft about Kiera's dog. Kiera was generous in letting Gianna play with it but we had to promise Kiera we wouldn't let Gianna drool on it. She was good and we were true to our word and I'm serious about the promise to Kiera.
Woof...
I want to be accurate about this one... Kiera, except for church this AM, had an active day. In fact, efforts to photograph her earlier were frustrated by her movements. I couldn't speed up the shutter enough to capture what she was doing. In fact she wore herself down so much she collapsed on the couch giving me the chance to "steal" this pic. The cap is from her doll and I placed it there while she was napping. She would not have approved and I suspect she will say something to me when she sees the pic. The sleepers were her choice. After church she decided to rummage through some of her old clothing. She found 2 pair of old sleepers, both of which when tried on became "button poppers" but undeterred she wore one or the other, off and on, through the day. Now, for accuracy's sake, she had a wonderful day and was a great help and I'm not sure whether she or Sheila will give me the harder time for the pic.
Looks like they just slept the day away, doesn't it. Well, keep thinking that. After everyone left following dinner Sheila and I both slumped away and fortunately no one was around with a camera. It wasn't because we were just sleepy...try exhaustion.
Our slumber: with smiles from a wonderful day!

...til later.

No comments: